Here's the music!
Or, should that be 'Hears the Music?'
Not too far down the road, you'll be able to get hold of CDs here. For now,
you'll find two things here:
If you're looking for lyrics and album tracks, go
- A few representative solo selections by Kaptain Karl.
- A few selections from the Great Uncle Helmer album Generic Mayhem: Live
Kaptain Karl plays the uke at Blarney & Beans (now Cafe Wren). Hear him play it on
the CD Nothing Strange available at Cafe Wren, and other fine establishments.
- Air Mandalay Finally, the long-promised track is here! Don't delay, listen now!
- Nothing Strange is the title track from the most recent Kaptain Karl album. You'll hear a little Tin Pan Alley, if you listen close.
- Kansas City, Nebraska is a from the album Art Is a Lie, Baby. This is a stripped down version, available only on line. It's got a little of that Johnny Cash flavor.
- Introducing the Door has never been released, folks. This is the only recording of this song anywhere. And now it's available to you, the web-savvy, absolutley free of charge.
- I'm Okay With That is a demo track from the upcoming Kaptain Karl album Spoke. Another entire song available to on-line fans, compliments of the Kaptain.
Great Uncle Helmer
Great Uncle Helmer is the collaboration between Kaptain Karl and Memphis Evans. They've been playing and writing together for close to 15 years. In 2001 they released their CD Generic Mayhem.
These are tracks from the live version of that album, recorded at their CD release party. Enjoy!
- The Velvets has been described as 'the most hauntingly joyful melancholy comedy since Mozart completed La Sciolia.' Frankly, we don't quite buy it, but that's the word on the street.
- Starguise speaks for itself.
- Doc's Kids' Suite was written in response to some of their favorite and least favorite bands breaking up. It also features a blazingly fast guitar jam. And blazingly fast boysenberry jam.